Taking advantage of the innovation and energy efficiency of a Lennox® System could mean that you get to take advantage of tax credits for energy efficiency!
Energy efficiency is important to us at CW Suter Services: it’s the backbone of our commitment to take care of our planet, and our promise to keep our customers comfortable and healthy. As a Lennox® Dealer, we have access to the latest technology AND the most up-to-date information for our customers. We’re always here to answer questions and to help you get the biggest return on your dollar – benefitting your comfort and your wallet!
Federal HVAC Credit – Available for equipment purchased and installed in 2012 – 2016
In 2015, the U.S. government renewed the 25C tax credit for high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment. This credit is offered as part of a larger energy-efficiency incentive for home improvements.
What it covers
- Up to 10% of the cost to $500, or a specific amount from $50 to $300
- $300 maximum credit available for qualifying central Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Packaged Units and Ductless Mini-Split Systems
- $150 maximum credit available for qualifying Furnaces and Boilers
- Equipment must be installed in an existing home and your principal residence; rentals or new construction do not qualify
- If you claimed $500 or more for enhancements to your home’s exterior (windows, doors, skylights, insulation, roofing, etc.) from 2006 to 2014, your HVAC purchase made in 2012-2016 will be ineligible
- If you claimed $500 or less, you may qualify for a credit, but you may not get the full dollar amount specified
Information about local energy tax credits
You may be eligible for additional tax credits or rebates in your region. Contact your local utilities company to find out, or visit dsireusa.org to search the DSIRE Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency®.
If you have any questions about the eligibility of your Lennox® heating and air-conditioning equipment, contact CW Suter Services: proudly, your local Lennox® Dealer.