Career opportunities at CW Suter Services:
Position/Job Title: Commercial HVAC Equipment Startup Technician
Technician will be responsible for commercial HVAC equipment startup, to include assisting installation. Technician must be able to
- Ability to interpret, diagnose, and resolve customer problems on systems including but not limited to heat pumps, air conditioners, compressors, furnaces, and hydronics with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Spot potential problems to prevent mechanical failures and callbacks.
- Practice excellent customer relation skills.
- Attend service training classes to upgrade technical capabilities; strong desire to continually improve your professional expertise.
- Ability to educate customers on products and services offered by CW Suter including replacement systems and preventative maintenance agreements.
- Ability to educate customers on the benefits of high efficiency systems.
- Must have a good understanding of Indoor Air Quality issues and to be able to use Indoor Air Quality Monitor and interpret results while educating customers on the issues and solutions.
- Ability to complete proper forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, and accurate manner.
- Must always display a clean, professional image in all areas, including personal appearance as well as organization and cleanliness of the company vehicle.
- Responsible for replenishing van inventory and accurately recording items used.
- Responsible for keeping van’s exterior cleaned and mechanically maintained.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to withstand heights and small, enclosed spaces.
Minimum requirement for Education and Experience:
- Vocational/Technical School
Specific job experience needed:
- Minimum 1 year of Technical Schooling/1-3 years field experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Standing, walking, carrying, kneeling, repetitive motion, reaching, grasping, handling, climbing, & extreme heat and cold conditions
Applicant must be able to pass a comprehensive background check to work in Federal facilities.
Applications are accepted at CW Suter’s Corporate HQ, located at 1800 11th St Sioux City, Iowa 51101.
Or, save a tree! Complete the application process electronically: